We welcome and need your assistance at Neighborhood House. Volunteers share their time and talents on a regular basis at the Clothes Closet, Food Pantry, and at our Main Office. We also have opportunities for volunteers to help with special projects and events from home or from one of our locations. Our volunteer program is very well-organized and offers our volunteers maximum flexibility.
Join our volunteer team through one of the opportunities below. If any of these are of interest, please download the Volunteer Application, note your area of interest and return your application to us. If you have any questions, please contact Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive: Our Food Pantry is the grateful recipient of the 25th Annual Postal Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive. We have many volunteer needs in order to assist the Postal Service in collecting the food and the Food Pantry in sorting the donations. Please sign up through this link to help. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094eabaa23a64-20171
- Main Office: We are looking for reception, client assistance, and administrative help in the office. Shifts are 3 hours, once a week, Monday thru Friday.
- Food Pantry: The Food Pantry is always in need of new volunteers to greet and assist clients with their food orders. Volunteer shifts are 10:00 am -1:30 pm and 11:30 am – 3:00 pm, 2-4 times per month, Monday – Thursday
- Food Pantry Lobby Receptionist: This position involves overseeing the lobby area, directing clients to bonus area, providing oversight for children of clients, restocking the bonus cart, bringing carts back into the pantry, and generally providing supervision of the Food Pantry lobby. (Noon – 3:00, 2-4 times per month, Monday – Thursday)
- Clothes Closet Volunteers: The Clothes Closet volunteers assist in maintaining the Clothes Closet inventory and serve clients. Regular shifts are 3-4 hours, 2-4 times per month, Monday – Saturday.
Don’t see something that fits your interests? Contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll work with you to find a great match!