How to Get Help
Neighborhood House provides assistance with food, clothing, financial assistance, counseling services, transportation and referrals for other services to our neighbors in crisis. Services are available to residents living in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Township, Auburn Hills and Addison Township (Leonard and Lakeville).
You must apply for services at our Main Offices. Click on locations to see where we are located.
For all types of assistance you will need:
- Picture ID, Michigan Drivers License with current address or a Michigan ID showing you live in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Township, Leonard, Lakeville or Auburn Hills
- Proof of Income, pay stub with year to date amounts, DHS (formerly FIA) Statement, Social Security Statement, Unemployment, SSI, or Pension statements.
- Most recent Federal Income Tax Return, or most recent W2’s prior to April 15.
- Dependent documentation (federal tax return, birth certificates or custody papers)
For ALL evictions or utility shutoffs the following information is required:
- A letter of determination from DHS which you will then bring to Neighborhood House along with the above documentation #1-3
- Original eviction notice or utility shutoff complete bill.
- Copy of lease.
- Our intake forms are available for you to print and fill out on this website prior to your visit.
Please understand our goal is to help you… providing this information when you come in for assistance will allow us to do that!