Rochester Area Neighborhood House Inc., a nonprofit human service organization founded by communities of faith in 1968, assists our neighbors during times of hardship. We partner with the community and other social service providers to help those neighbors toward self-sufficiency. Sudden job loss, divorce, death of a spouse. Life circumstances can change everything for anyone. Neighborhood House recognizes the basic need of residents in crisis and responds with emotional and financial assistance. Neighborhood House believes people helping people is the model of a strong community.
Our Core Values
- Respect – All people are treated with respect and without discrimination.
- Accessible Assistance – People who are in need of basic human services will receive high quality, prompt and compassionate assistance.
- Network – We build on the resources of the faith based, civic and business communities to meet the needs of our neighbors.
- Honesty – We conduct ourselves with integrity by acting at all times in a consistent, transparent, responsible and fiscally prudent manner.
- Inclusive – We collaborate with other human service providers to bring additional assistance, if needed, to our neighbors.